Free internet access available at many public sites
If it isn’t very clear by now, Edmonton is one of the most progressive and technologically advanced cities in the western hemisphere. One of the most popular services provided to residents and visitors is free public wireless internet access, available throughout Edmonton at a number of public facilities. Coupled with the fact that many of today’s most popular mobile devices (laptops, smartphones and tablets) come Wi-Fi enabled, it only makes sense for people take advantage of this publicly available service. Don Wheaton wants to make sure everyone has all of the information they need to use free Wi-Fi in Edmonton, AB as well as stay safe and secure while doing so.
How do I log on to free Wi-Fi in Edmonton, AB?
Using the free Wi-Fi signal in Edmonton is a few simple steps away.
- Make sure your device has it’s Wi-Fi capability activated.
- Search the available signals for “Open WiFi.” Double-Click on it.
- A box will pop with an agreement to abide by terms and conditions, click “accept.”
Is the Open City WiFi signal secure?
[wrc_column grid=”2″ width=”1″ type=”start”]As a publically available wireless internet connection, Open City Wifi is not secure. This is not as scary as it sounds in today’s day and age. But you should change your browsing behavior while using the free Wi-Fi signal in Edmonton, AB.
[/wrc_column][wrc_column grid=”2″ width=”1″ type=”end”]
READ MORE: Get repair alerts on your phone
- Be very careful of the websites you browse while using Open City Wifi. Ensure a website is secure by locating “https” in the address bar.
- Don’t remain logged into online accounts longer than necessary. When you are finished, be sure to sign out completely, not just close the window.
- If you use Open City WiFi frequently be sure to have different passwords for every account you use.
Other information for using Open City Wifi
Make sure your antivirus/spyware protections are up-to-date
- Open City WiFi has a 12-hour limit for users
- Peer-to-peer sharing sites will not be accessible.
- If you are having problems, alert the staff of the facility hosting Open City WiFi.
- More questions can be directed email@example.com.
If you have any questions of an automotive nature, you can contact a Don Wheaton sales professional today.