Activities for the 2016 Edmonton KidsFringe
With the 35th Edmonton Fringe Festival running through the weekend, city residents are getting another look at some of the most innovative theatre performers in the world. Entire parts of the city are turned into improvised theatre stages. A major element of the annual Fringe Festival is Edmonton is getting kids interested in the performing arts as well as literature in general. If you have been thinking taking children to the Edmonton Fringe Festival, there are still plenty of things for youngsters to do and see. If you need a schedule of kids’ events for the weekend, click the button below for more information.
What is there for kids to do at the Fringe Festival?
[wrc_column grid=”2″ width=”1″ type=”start”]Kidstage
- Children can see live plays written and performed by the KidsFringe Youth Troupe. In addition to performances, the troupe will conduct workshops with professionals in the areas of musicians, storytellers, magicians and puppeteers.
- Starting children on the path to be interested in reading and books couldn’t be more important. At the Book Nook kids will be read stories that allow them to participate with their imaginations.
- We have never heard of a kid that didn’t like to go wild making arts and crafts. The best part? It’s not at your house. The Fringe Festival Craft Corner will let kids’ imaginations run wild making things they think of by themselves.
- The KidsFringe Youth Troupe will lead young participants in a variety of games and activities right in the center of the action of the Edmonton Fringe Festival. The festival’s website specifically advises people to watch out for the parachute.
- For newborns to five years old, the Tots Tent has a specifically chosen sample of puppet shows, games, songs and activities to keep smiles on faces all day.
Information for parents/guardians
All kids participating in Edmonton KidsFringe activities must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times. Groups are welcome with prior notification.
If you need a new Chevy, GMC, Buick or Cadillac vehicle to see the activities for kids at the Edmonton Fringe Festival, contact a Don Wheaton sales professional today.